Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Toys Shmoys

There are presents aplenty under the Christmas tree. And we, especially the boys, are all excited to open them. But sometimes I wonder if we really should have gotten them all those new toys. They really have the most fun with the most random items -

Such as goggles.




And paint sticks. Yes, it is a sword... tucked into his underwear.


Decorating cookies is almost always more fun than playing with toys.


The boys watched Davey Crocket for the first time last week. Those are cardboard hatchets and that is a "coon" skin hat on Jack's noggin. They've been having a blast with all sorts of tools and weapons fashioned out of the cardboard boxes their gifts were shipped in. 


And blanket forts are a big hit these days -



But I suppose we'll still give them their Christmas presents. I'm almost positive their tinkertoys set will be used primarily as swords and daggers. 

2 comments:

Molly said...

Amy,
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures. Especially the one with the "sword" in Patrick's underwear. I always wonder what Will is going to be interested in. I hope he gets into stuff like what your boys love. Because right now he LOVES pulling all cushions off and jumping on the couches. Drives.Me.Crazy! My poor couches. See you real soon:-)-Aunt Molly

The Bakkens said...

Oh Aunt Molly, I hate to break it to you but plan on him NOT losing interest in your couch cushions for quite some time. Most days I can't even sit on our furniture for lack of cushions.